The Great Burlesque Exposition is the fastest growing event in the burlesque world.
A unique combination of performance festival, professional development conference, and tradeshow –
we expect more than 400 people to travel from all over the world to attend our event this year!
We're very excited to be returning to Salem, MA! An exciting and vibrant environment that combines the accessibility of a small town with the cultural impact of a city, Salem offers a great combination of serious history and amusing attractions. The Exhibit Hall is in the lower hall at Old Town Hall (32 Derby Square, Salem, MA 01970); our shows and most other events take place on the upper floors of the building.
Book Your Space
Vending will be on Saturday, May 6 from noon to 8:00pm and Sunday, May 7 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm. Load-in is Saturday morning (May 6) from 9:00am to noon. Vendors can drop off their goods through the doors on Derby Square, but you cannot leave your car there. There is plenty of inexpensive parking in the area (we recommend the Salem Commuter Rail, which is 10 minutes away).
We will do our best to get every vendor in, but priority will be given to those who get their applications in earliest. We also consider whether your product or service is appropriate for the burlesque community and similarity to other vendors (i.e., the third vendor of a particular type of good or service is going to have a harder time getting in than the first vendor of that type).
We strongly suggest you get your complete forms in as early as possible. We will not “hold” a booth for you if you send an application without payment. Any vendor who is not accepted for any reason will receive a full refund.
Your suggestions, feedback, and ideas are always welcome. If you have any questions about the exhibit space, don’t hesitate to or email our vendor coordinator.
What is the process to vend at BurlExpo14?
- Fill out an application form and save it as a draft. Make sure you've got a description of your business and your wares or services, and a logo.
- Pay your vendor fee.
- Submit your application.
- All vendors will be confirmed. If we cannot accomodate you for some reason (we are out of space or we have too many vendors of the same type), your vendor fee will be promptly refunded.
- Reserve a hotel room. You do not have to have a hotel room to vend in the Exhibit Hall. The hotel sells out every year, so book your room ASAP.
General Dealer Questions
- When is the Great Burlesque Exposition?
- The event begins Thursday, May 4, 2023 and ends about 3pm on Sunday, May. 7, 2023. The Exhibit Hall opens Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. for load-in, and is open to the public from noon until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 10:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m. on Sunday Load-out starts at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Where is the event held?
- The lower level of Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Square., Salem MA 01970.
- If I have questions, who do I talk to?
- Contact the Vendor Coordinator.
- How much is vending going to cost?
- We have two types of spaces: Merchant Stalls and Crafter Tables. Crafter Tables are a 6' x 3' table and two chairs, with 3' of space behind the table. All of your goods must fit on or behind your table. Merchant Stalls are 8'x8' (approximate) spaces, and are bare space for vendors who wish to bring racks, backdrops, etc.
- Merchant Stalls cost $195.00 for the weekend
- Crafter Tables cost $125.00 for the weekend
- What happens if I need to cancel my space?
- Cancellations recieved before February 15, 2023 will receive a 50% refund. After that, you receive no refund, but we will credit 50% of the cost of your booth to a booth for BurlExpo15.
- May I share my space with another vendor?
- You certainly can. First, settle on one of you to be the contact person. When filling out the application form, make sure that the name of your company is something like Company A/Company B, and describe both companies in the same description. Remember, that because you are sharing a booth, you are only going to get one booth's worth of helper passes, etc.
- Suppose I Only Want to Sell on One Day?
- You can do that, but there's no discount and you must be there the entire day. We want to encourage vendors to stay for the entire weekend. Also, vendors cannot breakdown before 3:00pm on Sunday. Vendors who do so will not be invited back the following year.